Wild Country Camp Table
Trying to find the best portable camp table can be a tricky exercise but the Wild Country camp table comes very close. This camp table ticks quite a few boxes:
- Thanks to its all-aluminium construction, it’s very light weight tipping the scales at a very friendly 7kg fully packed.
- It’s easy to store. Dismantling into a package not much bigger than a camp chair, it can be stored just about anywhere in a caravan or camper.
- It’s very easy to assemble and pack up.
- It’s very durable and easy to clean.
- Once set up it offers a very useful area. 4 people could easily enjoy a meal at it in comfort.
- It’s not very expensive. I’ve seen it on sale for about $70
When you add all this together, the Wild Country table represents good value for money and great addition to your camping accessories.
We’ve had ours now for nearly 3 years and it has stood up well to our style of travelling.
Setting it up is very easy. First you enfold the main frame and legs.
Then connect the cross 3 members to form the full frame.
Next you unroll the slatted table top and place this on top of the frame. The end slats have slots in them that fit into the end cross members. Tension through bungie cord keeps the top in place.
There’s a small adjustment on one of the legs that allows you to level out the table. In all honesty I have never used this as we’ve always managed to find level ground to use it but it’s handy to know it’s there if needed.
Packing up the unit is the reverse of the assembly process and the whole kit fits easily into the carry bag.
If I had anything negative to say about it, it would be that the cary bag is made from fairly thin material and it feels like it may be easy to tear. That said, we’ve never torn ours in the 3 years we’ve had it but I do tend to be careful where I store it.
We bought ours from Rays Outdoors but they would be available from other camping stores for sure. At around $70, I don’t think you could go wrong with one of these.